How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who announces peace and brings good news of happiness, who announces salvation, and says to Zion, “Your God reigns!” Isaiah 52:7 (NASB)
The prophet Isaiah highlighted the message of a “fisher of men.” You’ll be encouraged to know how God plans to use you to encourage and help people when you “fish” for men.
A “FISHER OF MEN”:
- “BRINGS GOOD NEWS” – Good news is like a drink of cool water on a hot day. It is welcomed because it brings relief to a parched, dry, and hopeless situation. Reconciliation with God is not only possible…it is available to all right now. You carry that message to worn out and weary people who are looking for relief.
- “ANNOUNCES PEACE” – Anxiety, restlessness, fear, conflict, and inner turmoil are common experiences for those born into this world. Is there any hope for reprieve? The “fisher of men” announces and offers the “peace” from God “that surpasses all understanding.” It is a word intended to describe “wholeness, completion, and a restored relationship.” Who wouldn’t want to deliver that kind of message?“
- BRINGS GOOD NEWS OF HAPPINESS” – The message of the “fisher of men” is not merely a prophetic prediction of things to come but rather the offer of a gift from God that can be received today. The “fisher of men” brings it with him as he shares the gospel message. Change can be immediate and happiness instant.
- “ANNOUNCES SALVATION” – For the individual who is drowning under the pressures of this life, the “fisher of men” appears as a Lifeguard. A Lifeguard grabs a person before they go down for the third time and holds them up long enough to be able to receive God’s gracious gift of life. Woe be to the one who rejects the assistance of the Lifeguard.“
- SAYS TO ZION, ‘YOUR GOD REIGNS’” – The message of redemption goes well beyond the rescue of a person from their sin and offers a new life with an all-powerful, all wise, and all loving King. The “fisher of men” is able to introduce a person to the King of Kings. This King has a Kingdom plan for all who follow Him. A life’s purpose in introduced
“Fishers of men” are messengers with an incredible message to deliver. They carry a message of hope and restoration. What a great honor and privilege we have to serve our Lord this way.